Tools to Help Your Kids Cope with Divorce
Wisconsin Criminal Law Blog
Copyright 2012 by Gamino Law Offices, LLC | All rights reserved.
1746 S. Muskego Ave. | Milwaukee, WI 53204 | 414-383-6700
Children’s Books About Divorce
Reading books about divorce can help you and your kids, especially in the “opening up and talking” department.
Some of the best books for kids aged 3 to 7 include:
- Dinosaurs Divorce. This picture book explores why parents get divorced and what happens during the process, and it answers questions many children in this age group have.
- Two Homes. This adorable, kindhearted book explains to children that both parents love them, even if they do so separately (and in two separate homes that seem like they’re worlds apart).
- My Family’s Changing. This large-print picture book walks kids through the concept of divorce and how it affects each family member.
Great books for kids 8 and up include:
- What Can I Do? A Book for Children of Divorce. This book chronicles the emotional journey of a girl who tries to keep her parents together, but ultimately they split anyway—and the girl eventually joins a support group just for kids of divorced families.
Other Tools to Help Your Kids Deal With Divorce
- “Managing Strong Feelings”
The toolkit also features stories from real kids who have gone through what your kids are experiencing now.
Do You Need Help Through a Divorce?
Divorce isn’t easy for anyone, but our experience as Milwaukee divorce lawyers has taught us that when we can simplify it and help adults cope, it gives children a little more breathing room, too. Being a parent who’s going through a divorce is tough—especially when you realize how hard the process is on your children.
However, there are plenty of great resources available that you can use to help your children cope with
DEDICATED TO PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS
414-383-6700 Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin
COMPLETE THIS FORM TO TALK TO AN ATTORNEY