what about right now? How can you survive your divorce with your sanity intact?
5 Divorce Survival Strategies You Can’t Ignore
1. Stop worrying about tomorrow, and handle what you can today. Most of the things we worry about never actually happen, so don’t waste your valuable time thinking about what might happen in the future. Save your energy for the things that you can handle today.
2. Make sure you are getting enough exercise. Exercise is a known stress reliever, and even a little bit can help in a big way. Whether you take the stairs instead of the escalator or you park and the farthest edge of the parking lot at work, you’ll be doing your body (and your emotions) a favor.
3. Remember that it’s okay to experience emotions. You don’t have to shove your emotions to a dusty corner of your brain; in fact, doing so can actually prolong the time it takes to move forward after your divorce is final.
4. Make time for yourself. Everyone needs to recharge with a favorite activity and plenty of rest, so carve time out of your schedule each week to ensure you’re doing something that you enjoy… In a sure you get to bed at a reasonable time, even if you don’t fall asleep right away.
5. If you need to talk, talk. You can ask your Milwaukee divorce lawyer for a referral to a local counselor or therapist who can teach you new coping strategies and serve as an impartial third party you can talk to.
Do You Need to Talk to a Milwaukee Divorce Lawyer?