Computer Sex Crimes in Wisconsin
When people talk about computer sex crimes, they’re often referring to online solicitation of a minor. Online solicitation involves a conversation between an adult and a minor (over email, chat or instant messages) where the adult attempts to solicit sex from the minor, or where the adult asks the minor to meet with him or her to engage in a sexual act.
Other computer sex crimes in Wisconsin can include:
- Exposing a child to harmful material or harmful descriptions or narrations
- Obscene visual representations of the sexual abuse of children
- Possession of child pornography
- Sending obscene or sexually explicit electronic messages (between adults and minors, or between adults)
- Sexual exploitation or other abuse of children
- Transfer of obscene materials to minors
- Use of a computer to facilitate a child sex crime
Most of these are felony offenses, which means the penalties of a conviction can include time in prison, extended supervision, and large fines.
What if You’re Accused of a Computer Sex Crime?
If you’re accused of a computer sex crime of any time – whether it involves another adult or a minor – you may need tough legal representation from a knowledgeable professional.
Call us immediately at 414-383-6700 (Milwaukee) or 262-650-6700 (Waukesha) for a free computer sex crime defense consultation. The sooner you call us, the sooner we will be able to begin building the defense that gets you the best possible outcome.