Charged With Child Sexual Assault in Milwaukee: What Next?
Wisconsin Criminal Law Blog
Copyright 2012 by Gamino Law Offices, LLC | All rights reserved.
1746 S. Muskego Ave. | Milwaukee, WI 53204 | 414-383-6700
harsher penalties) than second degree.
First-degree child sexual assault is characterized by:
- Sexual contact or intercourse with someone under the age of 13 that causes great bodily harm. This is a Class A felony.
- Sexual intercourse with a person under 12. This is a Class B felony.
- Sexual intercourse with someone under 16 that involves the use or threat of force. This is a Class B felony.
- Sexual contact with someone under 13. This is a Class B felony.
Second-degree child sexual assault is characterized by sexual contact or intercourse with someone under 16, which is a Class C felony.
These aren’t the only sex offenses that deal with children, however. Others include child enticement, incest and sexual intercourse with someone who’s over 16 but under 18.
What Are the Penalties for Child Sexual Assault in Wisconsin?
In the state of Wisconsin, each of these child sexual assault crimes are considered felonies – and a conviction comes with extremely harsh penalties.
- If the court convicts you of a Class A felony, you could go to prison for life.
- If the court convicts you of a Class B felony, you could spend up to 60 years in prison.
- If the court convicts you of a Class C felony, you could go to prison for up to 40 years and pay a fine of up to $100,000.
What Should You Do if You’re Accused of Child Sexual Assault?
If you’re accused of child sexual assault or any other child-related sex crime, it’s time to call an attorney. Your attorney will ask you about the situation, including how you know the alleged victim, what happened during the alleged incident or incidents, and whether the prosecution has any evidence that could help convict you. Call us at 414-383-6700 for a free child sexual assault consultation with an experienced attorney. Don’t wait – these charges are extremely serious, and a conviction could impact the rest of your life. We’ll talk to you about your case and start creating a defense strategy that gets you the best possible outcome.
What is Child Sexual Assault?
Child sexual assault is divided into degrees, with first degree being more serious (and carrying
DEDICATED TO PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS
414-383-6700 Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin
COMPLETE THIS FORM TO TALK TO AN ATTORNEY