5 Great Books for Pre-Teens Whose Parents Are Divorcing
1. Two Homes by Claire Masurel
Two Homes by Claire Masurel follows its main character, Alex, between mom’s house and dad’s house, focusing on the positive aspects the child gains, rather than loses, during divorce.
2. My Family’s Changing – A First Look at Family Break Up by Pat Thomas
3. Was It the Chocolate Pudding?: A Story for Little Kids About Divorce by Bryan Langdo
Was it the Chocolate Pudding? is a kids-eye view of divorce packed with age-appropriate explanations of new situations that can arise when parents split.
4. Mom’s House, Dad’s House for Kids: Feeling at Home in One Home or Two by Isolina Ricci
Mom’s House, Dad’s House helps kids deal with parents living apart, different rules at each house, and stay connected with parents and friends. It’s a big book, weighing in at 272 pages, but it’s definitely a great read.
5. Fred Stays With Me! By Nancy Coffelt
Fred Stays With Me! is another child’s-eye view of divorce that describes a little girl whose dog travels back-and-forth with her to each parent’s house while addressing conflict resolution.
Do You Need to Talk to an Attorney About Divorce?
Divorce isn’t easy on anyone, and you deserve to work with an attorney who understands that (and who understands the impact that it will have on your children).
If you need to talk to a Milwaukee divorce attorney, call us at 414-383-6700 or 262-650-6700 for a free case review. We’ll answer your questions and start developing a strategy that makes your divorce as stress-free as possible.