Wisconsin Prostitution Charge Lawyers in Milwaukee & Waukesha
Milwaukee Criminal Lawyer Dedicated to Protecting Your Future, Your Reputation & Your Freedom
Wisconsin Statute 944.30 defines prostitution, cited in part below, as:
Any person who intentionally
- Has or offers to have or requests to have nonmarital sexual intercourse for anything of value, or
- Commits or offers to commit or requests to commit an act of sexual gratification, in public or in private, involving the sex organ of one person and the mouth or anus of another for anything of value, or
- Is an inmate of a place of prostitution, or
- Masturbates a person or offers to masturbate a person or requests to be masturbated by a person for anything of value, or
- Commits or offers to commit or requests to commit an act of sexual contact for anything of value.
*Free Initial Consultations With Prostitution Defense Lawyers in Milwaukee or Waukesha, WI
*Flat Fee Agreements and Payment Plans Available
For more information about our state and federal human trafficking lawyer and Milwaukee criminal defense attorneys, please contact us today! Click here for links to Wisconsin courts, jail locators, and other criminal law resources.
Despite being known as the "oldest profession in the book," prostitution offenses in Wisconsin are still aggressively prosecuted crimes that subject you to serious consequences. It can be a crime for you to commit, offer or request someone commit, an act of sexual intercourse, contact or gratification for anything of value in Wisconsin. If you are criminally charged in Milwaukee, Waukesha, elsewhere in SE WI with a prostitution offense, you need tough representation. The criminal defense lawyers in Milwaukee and Waukesha, WI at Gamiño Law Offices have experience in various kinds of prostitution crimes, including solicitation.
It is our mission to be the best Wisconsin criminal defense lawyers in Waukesha, Milwaukee, and the area - we guard you, your rights, your reputation, your job, your future, and your freedom! If you have been arrested or charged with a prostitution crime in Milwaukee, WI, or anywhere in Southeastern Wisconsin, call us right away. Any time you are under investigation in Wisconsin for a criminal offense, tell police officers that you wish to speak with an attorney immediately. Early intervention by an experienced Milwaukee criminal defense lawyer makes all the difference in the outcome of a criminal case in Wisconsin.
Not all criminal defense lawyers in Wisconsin have the trial skills and ability to present a compelling case in court or negotiate a favorable plea agreement. At Gamiño Law Offices, our team of accomplished criminal trial and appellate attorneys have an impressive record of winning litigation skills, from pretrial motions to court or jury trials, and appeals. With more than 30 years of combined experience, we have the competent skill and aggressive ability necessary to get the results you need.
Wisconsin Prostitution Charges
Possible sentencing consequences when charged with prostitution in Milwaukee, Waukesha or elsewhere in Wisconsin
If convicted of prostitution in Wisconsin as the prostitute, or as the "John," that is a Class A Misdemeanor which allows for possible penalties including up to 9 months in jail and a fine of up to $10,000.
However, keeping a place of prostitution or soliciting prostitution in Wisconsin are Class H felonies, while soliciting a child for prostitution is a Class D Felony. Wisconsin Statutes § 944.32, 944.34 & 948.08
* Keeping means to exercise management of control over the operation. Wis JI-Criminal 1570.
* Place of prostitution means any place where persons habitually engage in or offer to engage in non-marital acts of sexual intercourse or sexual conduct for anything of value. Wis JI-Criminal 1570.
* Solicit means to command, encourage, or request another person to engage in specific conduct that constitutes the practice of prostitution and to engage in sexual intercourse or other sexual acts for anything of value on an ongoing basis. Wis JI-Criminal 1566.
Copyright 2012 by Gamino Law Offices, LLC | All rights reserved.
1746 S. Muskego Ave. | Milwaukee, WI 53204 | 414-383-6700
Free Case Evaluation
Please fill out this form, or call us, so that we may assess your case.
414-383-6700 in Milwaukee
262-650-6700 in Waukesha
The use of this form to communicate with the firm does not establish and attorney-client relationship. Do not include confidential information in this form.
DEDICATED TO PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS
414-383-6700 Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin
COMPLETE THIS FORM TO TALK TO AN ATTORNEY