Milwaukee Drug Crime Lawyer: WI & Federal Drug Trafficking Offenses
Presenting a Strong Defense against State or Federal Drug Charges: Possession of Narcotics, Intent to Deliver, Manufacturing, or Maintaining a Drug House in Milwaukee, WI
In Wisconsin, a person may be charged with Delivery or Manufacturing a Controlled Substance in violation of § 961.41(1) if alleged to have:
- delivered or manufactured a substance;
- the substance was a controlled substance or controlled substance analog;
- known or believed that the substance was a controlled substance or controlled substance analog.
A person may be charged in Wisconsin with Possession with Intent to Deliver or Manufacture a Controlled Substance contrary to § 961.41(1m) if alleged to have:
- the substance was a controlled substance or analog;
- known or believed that the substance was a controlled substance or analog;
- intended to deliver or manufacture the controlled substance.
A person may be charged with Creation, Manufacture, Distribution, or Delivery of an Imitation Controlled Substance, in violation of Wisconsin Statutes § 961.41(2) or (4)(am) or (bm) if alleged to have:
- represented to the recipient that the substance was a controlled substance;
- the substance was not a controlled substance;
- known the substance was not a controlled substance.
A person may be charged with Maintaining a Drug House, contrary to § 96.42 if alleged to have:
- kept or maintained a structure or place;
- The structure or place was used for manufacturing, keeping, or delivering a controlled substance;
- The place was kept knowingly.
Distribution of Narcotics Offenses in Wisconsin
Sentencing consequences if convicted of drug trafficking offenses
If you are charged with a drug trafficking crime in Wisconsin for possession with intent to deliver, delivery, or manufacturing controlled substances, you need a strong Milwaukee drug crime lawyer who can protect your rights and keep you out of prison. Our skilled criminal defense attorneys in Milwaukee will fight for you. We have represented clients in all types of narcotics offenses and present an aggressive defense - from litigating suppression motions based on warrantless searches and seizures, improperly executed warrants, coerced confessions, and illegal police conduct to uncovering unscrupulous informants and winning jury trials for clients facing serious penalties. Let our knowledgeable Milwaukee drug charge lawyers find the best defenses to keep you out of jail and get back to your life.
*Free Consultations In Narcotics Distribution Cases
*Flat Fee Agreements and Payment Plans Available
For more information about our firm's best state and federal drug trafficking lawyer in Milwaukee, WI and any other Milwaukee drug crime lawyers; and for any other Wisconsin criminal defense needs available in our offices, please contact us today! Also visit our informative Milwaukee criminal attorney resources page. Wisconsin Statute § 961.48 provides enhanced penalties for second or subsequent felony drug offenses. If the charged offense is:
- A class C or D felony: the maximum term of imprisonment may be increased by up to 6 years.
- A class E, F, G, H or I felony: the maximum term of imprisonment may be increased by up to 4 years.
Wisconsin Statutes § 961.49 & 961.495 provide penalty enhancers for drug trafficking crimes in certain places. The maximum term of imprisonment may be increased by 5 years if the controlled substance offense:
- Involved distribution or delivery or possession with intent to deliver or distribute cocaine, cocaine base, heroin, LSD, Methamphetamine, Marijuana, or other narcotics;
- And occurred in a public housing project or within 1,000 feet of a park, correctional facility, jail, public swimming pool, youth or community center, public or private school, or a school bus;
The judge may also order up to 100 hours of community service for certain drug offenses.
The possible penalties for manufacturing or delivering a controlled substance, or possession with intent to manufacture or deliver, cocaine, heroin, LSD, meth, mushrooms, and THC are based on the substance and the amount. The potential penalties at sentencing, upon conviction for any of these offenses, range according to the illegal substances, as follows:
- Cocaine and cocaine base: Class C, D, E, F or G Felony, depending on quantity.
- Heroin or phencyclidine, amphetamine, methamphetamine, methcathinone, or GHB: Class C, D, E or F Felony, based on the amount.
- Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD), or psilocin or psilocybin (Mushrooms): Class E, F or G Felony, based on quantity.
- Tetrahydracannabinols (THC/Marijuana): Class E, F, G, H, or I Felony, depending on the amount.
The possible sentencing penalties for manufacture or delivery of, or solicitation to manufacture or deliver, an imitation controlled substance is either a Class I Felony, or an unclassified misdemeanor with a maximum of 6 months incarceration or a $500 fine.
Maintaining a drug house is a Class I Felony in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Controlled Substance Penalty Enhancers
Required Driver's License Suspension
Upon conviction for any drug offense the judge is required to impose a suspension on the person's privilege to operate a motor vehicle for a minimum of 6 months to a maximum of 5 years. Eligibility for an occupational driver's license is based on the number of prior controlled substances offenses.
Our Waukesha and Milwaukee based defense attorneys also represent clients charged with simple possession drug offenses in Wisconsin
Copyright 2012 by Gamino Law Offices, LLC | All rights reserved.
1746 S. Muskego Ave. | Milwaukee, WI 53204 | 414-383-6700
Free Case Evaluation
Please fill out this form, or call us, so that we may assess your case.
414-383-6700 in Milwaukee
262-650-6700 in Waukesha
The use of this form to communicate with the firm does not establish and attorney-client relationship. Do not include confidential information in this form.
DEDICATED TO PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS
414-383-6700 Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin
COMPLETE THIS FORM TO TALK TO AN ATTORNEY