Milwaukee area Credit Card Fraud Defense Attorneys
Presenting a strong defense against Wisconsin Criminal Charges
Wisconsin Credit Card Fraud Laws
Wisconsin Statute 943.41 defines several kinds of credit card fraud
- Procuring a financial transaction card by the use of false written statements. 943.41(2)
- Theft of a credit card. 943.41(3)(a)
- Use or possession of a lost credit card. 943.41(3)(b)
- Possession of a forged, altered or counterfeit credit card. 943.41(4)
- Fraudulent use of a credit card. 943.41(5)
Possible sentencing penalties if convicted of Wisconsin Credit Card Fraud
If charged with credit card fraud in Milwaukee or elsewhere in Wisconsin, possible penalties include up to 10 years imprisonment, depending on the value of any property obtained by use of the fraudulent credit card.
- Theft of a credit card and fraudulent use or of a credit card where the value of the property obtained is does not exceed $2,500 are a class A misdemeanors.
- Fraudulent use of a financial transaction card where the value of the property obtained is more than $2,500 but not more than $5,000 is a class I felony.
- Fraudulent credit card use where the value of the property illegally obtained is greater than $5,000, but not greater than $10,000 is a class H felony.
- Use of a fraudulent credit card where the value of the property illegally obtained exceeds $10,000 is a class G felony.
Credit card fraud in Wisconsin is a serious crime that subjects you to serious consequences. It can be a crime to take, use, alter, or counterfeit someone else's credit card. Possession of someone else's lost card for more than 7 days is considered evidence of intent to sell, transfer or fraudulently use the credit card. Evidence that someone has possession of credit cards issued in the names of 2 or more other persons is also evidence of credit card fraud in Wisconsin. If you are criminally charged in Milwaukee, Waukesha, elsewhere in SE WI with a credit card fraud offense, you need tough representation. The criminal defense lawyers in Milwaukee and Waukesha, WI at Gamiño Law Offices have experience in various kinds of fraud offenses, including credit card crimes.
It is our mission to be the best Wisconsin criminal defense lawyers in Waukesha, Milwaukee, and the area - we guard you, your rights, your reputation, your job, your future, and your freedom! If you have been arrested or charged with a crime in Milwaukee, WI, or anywhere in Southeastern Wisconsin, call us right away. thoroughly prepare your defense. Any time you under investigation in Wisconsin for a criminal offense, tell police officers that you wish to speak with an attorney immediately. Early intervention by an experienced Milwaukee criminal defense lawyer makes all the difference in the outcome of a criminal case in Wisconsin.
*Free Initial Consultations with Milwaukee, WI Credit Card Fraud Crimes Defense Lawyers
*Flat Fee Agreements and Payment Plans Available
For more information about a dedicated Wisconsin criminal lawyer in Milwaukee or Waukesha, or about the other legal services available at our Southeastern Wisconsin law firm, please contact us today!
Copyright 2012 by Gamino Law Offices, LLC | All rights reserved.
1746 S. Muskego Ave. | Milwaukee, WI 53204 | 414-383-6700
Free Case Evaluation
Please fill out this form, or call us, so that we may assess your case.
414-383-6700 in Milwaukee
262-650-6700 in Waukesha
The use of this form to communicate with the firm does not establish and attorney-client relationship. Do not include confidential information in this form.
DEDICATED TO PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS
414-383-6700 Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin
COMPLETE THIS FORM TO TALK TO AN ATTORNEY