Wisconsin Child Abuse Defense Attorney in Milwaukee & Waukesha
Milwaukee Criminal Attorney Dedicated to Protecting Your Future, Your Reputation & Your Freedom
Wisconsin Statute 948.03 defines Physical Abuse of a Child, cited in part below, as follows:
Intentional causation of bodily harm.
- Whoever intentionally causes great bodily harm to a child is guilty of a Class C felony.
- Whoever intentionally causes bodily harm to a child is guilty of a Class H felony.
- Whoever intentionally causes bodily harm to a child by conduct which creates a high probability of great bodily harm is guilty of a Class F felony.
* Bodily harm means physical pain or injury, illness, or any impairment of a physical condition. Wisconsin Statutes § 939.22(4).
* Great bodily harm means bodily injury which creates a substantial risk of death, or which causes serious bodily disfigurement, or which causes a permanent or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ or other serious bodily injury. Wisconsin Statutes § 939.22(14)
Reckless causation of bodily harm.
- Whoever recklessly causes great bodily harm to a child is guilty of a Class E felony.
- Whoever recklessly causes bodily harm to a child is guilty of a Class I felony.
- Whoever recklessly causes bodily harm to a child by conduct which creates a high probability of great bodily harm is guilty of a Class H felony.
* Recklessly means conduct which creates a situation of unreasonable risk of harm to and demonstrates a conscious disregard for the safety of the child.
Wisconsin Statute 948.21 defines Child Neglect, cited in part below, as follows:
Neglecting a Child
Whoever is responsible for a child's welfare who, through his or her actions or failure to take action, intentionally contributes to the neglect of the child. Child neglect is a Class A Misdemeanor, unless:
- If bodily harm is a consequence it is a Class H felony.
- If great bodily harm is a consequence it is a Class F felony.
- If death is a consequence it is a Class D felony.
* A person responsible for the child's welfare contributes to the neglect of the child although the child does not actually become neglected if the natural and probable consequences of the person's actions or failure to take action would be to cause the child to become neglected.
* A child is neglected when the person responsible for the child's welfare fails for reasons other than poverty to provide necessary care, food, clothing, medical or dental care, or shelter so as to seriously endanger the physical health of the child. Wisconsin JI-Criminal 2150 Note 5.
*Free Initial Consultations With Child Abuse & Neglect Defense Lawyers in Milwaukee or Waukesha, WI
*Flat Fee Agreements and Payment Plans Available
For more information about our Milwaukee criminal attorney in Waukesha or about any of our other
legal services available at our Waukesha & Milwaukee, WI law offices, please contact us today!
Child abuse allegations in Wisconsin are serious offenses that subjects you to significant consequences. Wisconsin child abuse crimes include such offenses as sexual assault of a child, physical abuse of a child, child neglect and abandonment, causing mental harm to a child, enticement, and sexual exploitation or trafficking of a child. If you are charged with any child abuse or neglect offense in Milwaukee, Waukesha, elsewhere in SE WI, you need tough representation. The criminal defense attorneys in Milwaukee and Waukesha, WI at Gamiño Law Offices have experience in the various kinds of child abuse and neglect offenses.
It is our mission to provide the best Wisconsin criminal defense attorney in Milwaukee, Waukesha and the surrounding area for any criminal charge. Our lawyers guard you, your rights, your reputation, your job, your future, and your freedom! If you have been arrested or charged with a child abuse, assault or child neglect in Milwaukee, WI, or anywhere in Southeastern Wisconsin, call us right away. Any time you are under investigation in Wisconsin for a criminal offense, tell police officers that you wish to speak with an attorney immediately. Early intervention by an experienced Milwaukee criminal defense attorney makes all the difference in the outcome of a criminal case in Wisconsin.
Not all criminal defense lawyers in Wisconsin have the trial skills and ability to present a compelling case in court or negotiate a favorable plea agreement. At Gamiño Law Offices, our team of accomplished criminal trial and appellate attorneys have an impressive record of winning litigation skills, from pretrial motions to court or jury trials, and appeals. With more than 30 years of combined experience, we have the competent skill and aggressive ability necessary to get the results you need.
Wisconsin Child Abuse or Neglect Charges
Copyright 2012 by Gamino Law Offices, LLC | All rights reserved.
1746 S. Muskego Ave. | Milwaukee, WI 53204 | 414-383-6700
Free Case Evaluation
Please fill out this form, or call us, so that we may assess your case.
414-383-6700 in Milwaukee
262-650-6700 in Waukesha
The use of this form to communicate with the firm does not establish and attorney-client relationship. Do not include confidential information in this form.
DEDICATED TO PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS
414-383-6700 Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin
COMPLETE THIS FORM TO TALK TO AN ATTORNEY